Welcome, welcome! We have another lovely competition with a groovy prize lined up for you this month. Last month, we went technical, so this month we’ve opted for a topical theme. We thought that darkness could make for some fun pictures. Yes, you can get creative with it however you wish.
The competition opens today, that’s Wednesday 3 November, and runs until Wednesday 24 November 2010. Please submit your entries to the Small Aperture pool on Flickr.
The rules are the same as October’s, but I’ll reproduce them here for you. Again, Haje and I will aim to have the results to you within a week of the competition closing (which’ll be my birthday, so’s you know).
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t have written for Small Aperture or be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Small Aperture.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.