Seeing as we have just revealed the winner of our December photo competition, it makes it time to announce the details of the January competition. We’ve had a lot of black and white entries over the past few months. It’s hardly surprising, given the themes were disposed to black and white, so this month we thought that we’d go for all out colour. But this is colour with a twist.
We want a picture that is dominated by one shade. It doesn’t matter which particular colour you choose, but the image should be about that colour; a riot of red, a preponderance of purple, a glut of green. (If you’re not quite sure what I mean, the picture illustrating this post should give you an idea.)
You’ve from today (Wednesday 5 January 2011) until Wednesday 26 January 2011 to submit your entries to the Small Aperture Flickr pool. And yes, we’ve a delicious photo book lined up for the talented winner.
For your reference, I’ve reproduced the rules. But go forth, take beautiful photos, and good luck!
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t have written for Small Aperture or be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Small Aperture.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.