If you are doing anything with video on the internet these days, you can't have failed to notice Vimeo. So when my favourite video-sharing site for creatives is showing off the finest videos of 2012, you'd better believe I pay attention!
You could do a lot worse this lovely Friday, than spending a couple of hours with a beer or a few cups of coffee, and looking through this list...
Category winners are
- Action Sports: Dark Side of the Lens
- Advertising: K-Swiss Kenny Powers - MFCEO
- Animation: Umbra
- Captured: Sweatshoppe Video Painting Europe
- Documentary: Amar (All Great Achievements Require Time)
- Experimental: Prie Dieu
- Fashion: Skirt
- Lyrical: Symmetry (also winner of the Grand Prize)
- Motion Graphics: A History of the Title Sequence
- Music Video: Manchester Orchestra: Simple Math
- Narrative: BLINKY™
- Series: Often Awesome The Series
- Remix: Rear Window Timelapse
Grand Prize Winner
Filmmaking team Everynone submitted the winning film, “Symmetry,” to the Lyrical category, which is new this year. The Lyrical category was created to showcase creative videos of the natural world or personal experiences.
Congratulations, everybody, you're an inspiration to us all!