There's no need to set an expiration date on someone's photo credit at a stock agency. It's mean and money-grabbing.
A few weeks ago we published our guide to selling stock images, with content suggestions, style advice, and labelling tips, among other hints. This week, iStock by Getty Images has released an infographic documenting the eight leading trends in business imagery that they've charted over the past year. If you're looking to sell business images, these are the kinds of subjects that buyers are after:
- Transparency and openness - business-type scenarios shot through windows and glass
- Show me "Innovation" - unusual concepts, unusually shot
- The New Leader - think start-up trendy rather than power-dressed exec
- Service-oriented workforce
- Dads on deck - or hands-on dads
- Women in power - we're growing in number
- Hipsters are taking over - beards, bikes, and coffee (apparently)
- Working from home - more of us are doing it, so it needs to be reflected
Get cracking, then!