For my sins, that's a portrait of me, by me
For the past month, and for the next couple of months, Haje will be immersed in self portraits as he writes his latest book. No, no, don't get the wrong idea! He doesn't boost his ego by surrounding himself with inspirational pictures of his mush when he's writing. He's writing about self-portraiture. We thought, then, that you might like to share your favourite self portraits for September's competition.
Dress up or dress down, drag out your tripod, and set your self-timer. We want pictures of you!
A 12" Fracture is up for grabs for the entry that captures our imagination.
Entries can be submitted to the Small Aperture Flickr pool from today (Friday 7 September) until Friday 26 Septembr 2012. The next bit I want to put in big letters, but that looks ugly, so I shall restrict myself to bold: it's one entry per person. Thank you.
In case you missed what I said last month about the attributes that we look for in photos, I'll reproduce it here:
Both Haje and I have written on the subject of winning photography competitions, so you might want to look at those articles. It's probably also worth knowing that for both us, the story in your image is key. Haje's a stickler for good lighting, I'm hot on composition, and if Gareth joins the party he'll always comment on sharpness.
The Rules are here for your reference. Otherwise, good luck!
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Pixiq.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.
If you've any questions, please just ask!