Quite how the inspiration for this month’s competition theme struck me is a bit of an odd one. I wanted to do something associated with postcards, but seeing as ‘go and take a picture-postcard picture’ isn’t exactly very helpful for you or for us, I went for a variation on that. We’re looking for photographs of monuments and landmarks this month. The Eiffel Tower, the Coliseum, the Brandenburg Gate, the Sydney Opera House. That sort of thing. Whatever you fancy, it just needs to be monumental. And preferably quirky. It doesn’t have to be quirky, but we like quirky things here in the Mansion. The one that we like the best will win a fabulous 12″ Fracture.
You’ve from today – Wednesday 5 October – until Wednesday 26 October to submit your entry. As ever, you’re allowed one submission per person, and they need to go in our Flickr pool.
If you’ve any questions at all, drop me a note. Otherwise The Rules are here for your reference, and good luck!
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t have written for Small Aperture or be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Small Aperture.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.
(The picture? That’s the Monument, in London. Reflected in the walls of a public convenience. I kid you not.)