I’m very excited about this month’s theme. I dreamed it up a while ago (I say ‘dreamed up’ but it wasn’t exactly taxing on my imagination or anything) and cannot wait to see what you all produce for it. We’re looking for pictures that feature water this month. It doesn’t matter what form the water takes, whether it’s ice, waves, mountain tarns, steam, or puddles, it just has to be H2O. As ever, the wonderful Fracture are providing the awesome prize of a 12 inch Fracture.
Seeing as June has five Wednesdays in it this year, we thought that we’d take advantage and give you four weeks (rather than the customary three) to submit an entry. This means that you have until Wednesday 29 June to throw an image (just the one) into our our Flickr pool.
If you’ve any questions, you know where to find me. Otherwise, good luck!
Oh, and here are The Rules, just in case.
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t have written for Small Aperture or be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Small Aperture.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.
(The picture is Haje’s. He took it diving. Lucky sod.)