Hot on the heels of the amazing January photo competition with its collection of awesome photos comes February’s turn. This month we thought that we’d challenge you to show us how much you love your camera equipment, what with Valentine’s Day coming up and all. Yep, we want photos of your camera equipment. It doesn’t matter how or what: maybe a macro of your macro; perhaps a portrait of self with camera; even a study of your tripod. Get creative with your kit in more ways than one!
The even better news is that the lovely guys over at Fracture have agreed to sponsor the competition and they’ll be providing a 12″ fracture for the winner. Muchly awesome.
You’ve from today (Wednesday 2 February) until Wednesday 23 February to submit your entries (one per person) to our Flickr pool.
The Rules haven’t changed since last time, but they’re at the bottom, for your reference. Any questions? You know where to find me. Otherwise: go forth and take beautiful pictures!
- If you decide to enter, you agree to The Rules.
- You can’t have written for Small Aperture or be related to either me or Haje to enter.
- One entry per person – so choose your best!
- Entries need to be submitted to the right place, which is the Small Aperture Flickr group.
- There’s a closing date for entries, so make sure you’ve submitted before then.
- You have to own the copyright to your entry and be at liberty to submit it to a competition. Using other people’s photos is most uncool.
- It probably goes without saying, but entries do need to be photographs. It’d be a bit of strange photo competition otherwise.
- Don’t do anything icky – you know, be obscene or defame someone or sell your granny to get the photo.
- We (that being me and Haje) get to choose the winner and we’ll do our best to do so within a week of the competition closing.
- You get to keep all the rights to your images. We just want to be able to show off the winners (and maybe some honourable mentions) here on Small Aperture.
- Entry is at your own risk. I can’t see us eating you or anything, but we can’t be responsible for anything that happens to you because you submit a photo to our competition.
- We are allowed to change The Rules, or even suspend or end the competition, if we want or need to. Obviously we’ll try not to, but just so that you know.